Analog vs. digital

I’ve found that on my system the digital side is more finely etched than the analog side. Both sound great in their own way, but records just don’t sound so finely defined.
What is your experience?

128x128rvpiano

Close minded people have no chance to learn since they refuse to allow an experience that could cause them to reevaluate.

@overthemoon  Perhaps fairly easy to build a digital setup if playing cd's, Streaming may not be an easy plug and play endeavor, all you have to do is follow some of these streaming threads to see how complex this can be. I've long had vinyl setups, I agree they can be rather complex, still pales in comparison to streaming. Innovations and new ideas coming fast and furious. Just today I had conversation in regard to diy clone build of extreme high end music server, this being Taiko Extreme server, the complexity is just amazing. And to think the music server is only one component of many that go into streaming, the whole thing is sort of like researching and writing a dissertation! Now that I think of it, sure would be nice to see  dissertations on this very subject. Checking out the white papers on one single aspect of streaming can be quite complex and involving, virtual dissertations in themselves. Discussions of latency and non volatile RAM are just two small aspects which are extremely complex in themselves.

Post removed 

So the Taiko Extremes, Wadax, Pink Faun, Innuos Statements, Antipodes are waste of money. You think you know more about  technical aspects of streaming hardware than the experts. I guess that makes you a cut above the experts, lets see your white papers so we can observe your expertise.

I'm sure you've heard all the highest end streaming equipment, so you have both the technical expertise and the golden ear. Oh, forgot, you don't trust your sensory perceptions, no need to listen.

By the way, we're building our servers based on this research, so I'm not contributing to the audio 'charlatans' you claim them to be. These experiments will gain us empirical knowledge, but we know you consider that invalid since our sensory perceptions are far too faulty. Ones and Zeros, all very simple, hilarious.

Funny how objectivists believe they win every argument, never provide refutation of every point of contention, simply revert to measurements and argument sensory perception can't be trusted, don't need PHD for this simplistic conclusion.

Yes they are a waste.

Engineers and scientists vastly more knowledgeable on this topic than them (or me) all call it a waste.

White paper in consumer audio are just marketing fluff. If they made a real difference they would publish measurements that show a clear improvement in end products. They don’t publish those measurements. Why is that?

Many DACs are already operating within a few db of their chip vendors theoretical limits. You think they are improving on that? Do you think you could hear a difference at those limits?

And if you believe it. Prove it with your ears. Should be easy .... Just proven can tell two servers apart .... No looking though.

You build servers commercially?  You implied that in your post. What company?