Any Thoughts On These?

high-amp
Comparing the Motion 40s vs. Motion 60s, if you have a really good (fast & clean) subwoofer to go along with your system, try the 40s too. Remember, AMTs are super-duper-fast. Need a good fast sub to keep up.

With the smaller mid-woofers and smaller AMTs in the Motion 40s, they sound a bit more neutral and a tad less tubby on the bass using a mid-fi grade amplifier. If you step up like @knighttodd has running a higher current/quality amplifier to control the woofers, either ML40s or ML60s "can" sound even better. The room size/shape and speaker positioning matters too of course. Your situation may vary.

The Motion 40s are (92db sensitivity) and Motion 60s (94db sensitivity) and I did some testing with a small 10-watt triode tube amp for fun. While they sounded nice and smooth, good midrange, these Motion series speakers do appreciate a bit more power and control using a more capable amplifier (think big transformers in the amp) to perform their best.

Running standalone speakers only, I liked the Motion 60s only when paired with really good amplifier(s). Need not buy the Motion 60s (for 2ch audio) if you re only going to run a lower grade HT receiver, its a waste of money for the 60s. They deserve a lot more. With a great main stereo amplifier, and paired with a great subwoofer the midrange and mid-bass on the (lower model) Motion 40s also sounded really nice, neutral, nothing stood out too much. A few buddies preferred the Motion 40s in a smaller room setting too.

I did not get a chance to hear or try the Motion 60 speakers with a pair of really good 100wpc push-pull tube amplifiers. Tried the 40s with them though, and they sound great. I design and build my own AMT speakers for fun the past 3+ decades, and believe there is even more potential to the ML Motion 60s given a chance. Step up on the front-end, power amplifier(s), and the Motion 40 or 60s can sound very nice. Best of luck

@oldaudiophile btw, I worked at ESS early 1980s :)

oldaudiophile - decooney lots of good details, thanks. I do not have much room to pull speakers out from the back wall. I'm thinking I'd like to set them & forget them at around 12" or so. 

knighttodd - as both the guys above state, sounds like the sound improves the more power you give 'em.

A lot of people say speakers first then front end, I' starting to think the other way around at this point.
@high-amp

I’d add "quality" amp first, then power (watts) comes second but still important. With 92 or 94db sensitivity speakers, I’ve heard 8-watt tube amps with big, quality, transformers make wonderful music. Excluding class-D, most of the really good class A/AB amps I’ve heard or tried for fun with the Motion series had high build quality and always weighty designs, in general terms always 40lbs (per mono amp) or above. The SS stereo amp i tested with these was 87lbs.  Big iron.  Opposite of these amps at 17lbs with boxes and transformers smaller than your fist. Again, general terms but keep an eye out for big quality iron.

See @hilde45 prior reviews on Motion 60xt speakers I think it was, I believe he tested with at least 60wpc tube amps and some other solid-state integrated amps 60-200wpc range. He was dealing with room conditions as I recall yet got a sense of how the different amps complimented the Motion 60. I’d always buy a quality 40-60wpc high quality tube amp with quality parts before a 100pwc amp with lower grade design and parts, fwiw. Opinions may vary on this. Demo at home is best if you can.