Are You a Swifty?

I am. I think she's great.

And You?

128x128jjbeason14

Only the early “Love Story” and “You belong to me”.

I’m generally not a fan of most contemporary music which seems to lack creative pleasing melodies.   Many songs have monotonous song phrases and a disconnect chorus, seems that singing in tune with a good voice is being substituted for a good melody.

@immatthewj Bob Dylan wasn’t, isn’t, nor ever will be a technically proficient vocalist.  
I feel like that should go without saying.

Do you think Bob Dylan can’t sing?”
“If 
someone cannot paint, can his or her paintings really be art?

If something moves you, it moves you.  
That’s it.  
It’s art.

Being a great renderer does not necessarily make an artist “better” than Jackson Pollack.  
Being a vocalist of 99.9 percentile control / pitch accuracy / pitch range does not necessarily make them a “better” vocalist than Bob Dylan.

Bob Dylan is not a great vocalist... This is evident...

The reason we love him is because of this mystery to be able to convey his poetry so powerfully with no real vocal talent. for sure he learned and do with what he had a good job. This does not explain once this is said his hypnotic voice power : his soul make it with his poetry psalmodied as an American Homer ...

America will had no more luck if the Kennedy crime is not fully solved... Dylan put it astoundingly well ... A genius cannot be explained by the concept of  talent and work ...

Learn how much you can Euler and Ramanujan art in maths cannot be reach by mere intelligence.

Leonardo da Vinci is not explained by talent gift and works nor Goethe ...

Genius is a spiritual gift over anything else... A relation with other plane...

A good (or great) singer is, for me, one who can  move me positively  with the way he or she sings. Which Bob Dylan did (and possibly still does, although I haven’t listened to anything by him that is at all recent). I remember on the LP "Dylan" he covered Lily Of The West and Mr. Bojangles and Spanish Is The Loving Tongue and all three of those covers blow me away (particularly lily Of The West). On the other hand, one of my favorite female voices is that of Linda Ronstadt, and I really like her cover of Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues, but if I could only listen to one version , I much prefer the sound of Bob Dylan’s recording.

I feel that arguing about whether Bob Dylan is a good singer is kind of like arguing about whether Scotch whiskey tastes good or not. I didn’t always enjoy the sound of Bob Dylan’s vocal work and it used to be that I’d rather siphon gasoline than drink Scotch; now-a-days I find Scotch to be delicious and Blood On The Tracks is magic to my ears.

Sorry, OP--I realize that none of this has anything at all to do with Taylor Swift.

More to discover