AXPONA 2024

I just attended Axpona with Infigo Audio.  I just wondered what was everyone’s overall thoughts. What systems , rooms, brand and experiences did you have?  What are your likes, dislikes etc.  

calvinj

@yyzsantabarbara man it’s been truly a blessing to work with Hans Looman.  He is one of the most brilliant guys I’ve worked with.  He is relentless when it comes to building the best performing amplifiers in the game. Stereophile guy came to our room and listened to 9 songs.  He only anticipated staying 15 minutes or less. 45 minutes later he was still jamming.  We are really pushing the limits at Infigo.  Some amplifier companies build a look and image.  We go by musicality and performance.  

I mentioned to those that asked how great it was to see so many people at the show this year, the hobby is alive! 

Went back twice to hear the Magico A5s - Just super impressed at the range, coherence, soundstage, effortlessness with which they played any kind of music. I really want to hear their new A7's now that I heard these.

I got to hear Dr. Edward Choueri's BACCH 3D presentation downstairs and sound demo upstairs; my wife, dad and I were blown away. It's been the last piece I've wanted to add for many years. I built my system on the Dr's philosophy. 

- Steve

Re: the Magico rooms does anyone happen to know what they used for the floorstanding diffusers?  They looked really well made and I did not see them used in any of the other exhibits. Thank you!

Without wanting to hijack this great thread: "And yet the U.S. is home to most of the world’s best comedians. Funny how that happens. " US humour is very different to that in the rest of the world.

Correct. U.S. humor is actually funny!

Probably because it’s an amalgamation of that of humor from around the world. Think about it.