B&W 801 min tube wattage?

Well, here it is, my first post. So, here's the situation. I purchased a pair of 801 Matrix s3 for next to nothin and don't have an amp to drive them yet. I've found a Jolida 302a(50 tube watts) for a steal and, while I plan on getting either a Rogue Tempest or Cary sli-80 eventually, I am thinking of grabbing it. So, until i have the $$$ to purchase a more powerful/"better" amp, would the Jolida cut it? The B&W website states a min. or 50w, but what real world wattage can I get away with?
xmikedx
Going against the grain, I suggest you get a good pro amp for now (Crown, etc) -- 350-500W/channel. You can always use it later for the bass if you end up biamping.
OK. well, not sure if I shoulda started a new thread here, but after extensive reading, I've got a list going here:
In no particular order-
*Mccormack DNA-1
*Rowland various models
*Counterpoint various models
*Threshold S series
*Musical Fidelity a308
*Also, I'm still intrigued by the Rogue 120's or Cary SLA or even Jolida Jd1000
I know its best to listen to these amps, but I'm just lookin' for nudge in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Firstly, thanks for the replies. Secondly, I'm begining to see a pattern here. High wattage/current and solid state. So, should I scratch the Cary & Rogue off my list?
Also, I doubt I can find a "stepping stone" integrated that meets those requirements. Sound like I should start saving.
I had a pair of 801 s2 and they do like alot of power. I had a classe dr9- 100 watts per channel. It sounded ok with them. When 1 bought a 2nd dr9 and bridged them -400 watts per channel , the speakers really opened up.
Your speakers will always have good resale value, as the woofers alone, new cost over $500 each, and may not even be made anymore.

As for you question about power:
The bigger B&W speakers love a lot of power! The more the better. I use 600 watts per channel with B&W speakers that are 93db/watt and are 4 ohms. They also like SS, especially for bass control.

Richard