Best phone preamp for around $500?

I’m setting up a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC Esprit with my KEF LS 50 Wireless speakers and need a preamp. Currently it has the Ortofon Red cartridge in it but I’ll probably upgrade that to Blue or Bronze eventually. I’ll most likely upgrade the turntable as well to something like a Pioneer PLX-1000.

What’s a good new/used $500ish preamp to grow with? I’m mainly looking at the Pro-Ject Tube Box S2 and DS.

Thanks for any input.
asahitoro
The Lounge Audio LCR MKIII at $300. Can't find a better phono in your price range.
The Musical Surroundings Phonomena II can be found for that price and is very well reviewed. I love mine. 

Here is a II+ for $525. That is a great deal. I'd jump on it if I wasn't so comfortable with my II.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=159883.0
there is a very nice Hagerman Cornet II phono amp for sale at Audio Circle
i have one and it is amazing  
@asahitoro You need to ditch the wireless speakers and go with a conventional wired power amp to normal speakers. There are too many problems with wireless for true hifi. Solve that first, then look at buying a phonO stage. The wireless speakers might be repurposed for background music or something else like that. 
Just as little bit more and you can get the brand new JLTi for about 750 USD
Thanks,

I forgot about the JD9. I will check into it. I'm probably going used so I can get as much preamp as I can for my range.
Take a look at the Jolida JD9.  I had a Pro-Ject Tube Box II (I have no experience with the other Pro-ject units you mentioned) and the JD9 put it to shame.  The JD9 offers a huge amount of loading and gain settings and will grow with you if you decide to upgrade your turntable.  You can find pre-owned ones at your budget.  Also consider the Musical Surroundings Phonomena, you can find pre-owned units in your price range.