CD recorder?

Will be transferring over vinyl to cd's and was wondering which recorder will be the best for this?
I am considering the alesis masterlink 9600, is this a good choice?
pedrillo
That's a nice looking unit, wish they had that when I bought mine a couple of years ago, Marantz Pro CDR510, which does a very good job....I haven't gotten into the intricacies of the unit, it does much, much more than I'll ever use it for. Probably what I like most about it besides its true recording capabilities (not adding anything) is it will add a 'track every minute', which is useful for off-air FM recording.

I saw one of these sell here a year ago for $100...must have been 'hot', as it was $700 new.

L'wood
I recently bought a Sony RCD-W500C and while it does a fine job or recording analog to cd's, figuring out the process was another story.

I was lucky enough to get in contact with a member off of Audio Asylum that had the same model and he sent me an email with step by step instructions. I believe that I still have the instructions if you should get the Sony and cant figure it out.
I use a Burnit Plus CDR-830 by HHB. I like it and it is a pro machine with balanced ins and outs. It allows you to add text to your CDs also. It even makes a good player. The Alesis is probably good to.
I have had the Alesis for 3 years or so and absolutely LOVE it. The CD's I have burned from it are awesome. Very easy to use once you get the hang of things and very flexible. HIGHLY recommended. Mickey Fremer reviewed it a while ago and it has been in his reference system ever since. The CD playback from the unit is very good also, though I don't use it as my stand alone CD player.
I had marantz dr700, which I believe the same electronics as the 6000. Not so good recordings from LP. Bit harsh with that bad digital noise. It records only on Audio-CDR and not on simple cdr. Alesis is a much better choice, it mellows the transitiens, but fairly musical, nice recordings. Now I have apogge rosetta 200 ad/da,and I record LPs to computer harddisk. Way better quality, easy to use. The standalone apogee mini ad is at half price.