Considering A SS amplifier

Currently have a PS Audio BHK 250 Signature, but am finding tubes really aren’t my thing, even just a small pair of them. Currently have some Telefnken 6922 in there, have had Siemens 6922 gold pins also.

Considering either a Maker G7 or a pair of AVM Essential Monoblocks. Can’t listen to either before purchase, so its going to be an experiment. Yes both are off the used market. 

Pre amp is a Halcro DM8.

Anyone have any experiences with either of these?
neonknight
Your options are almost endless!

For a life like, almost tube, with the heft, and control of a killer powerhouse.

Check out smcaudio.com.  
 McCormack maps are incredible.

Give Patrick a call.

Amazing audio.

pass labs
sanders

look for used, you’ll save a boatload, and get top,tier audio

enjoy the hunt!
What are the sources of music you are listening to?  Mostly digital or some analog (vinyl)?  That should be a factor as well.
@neonknight 

I'm using Bob Carver VTA-180 monoblock amplifiers.  Rated for 210 watts.  The mentioned anomaly occurred (or at least noticed) when I had replaced the termination of speaker cables.  The speakers were connected to the 4 ohm outputs on the amplifiers.  Not sure if the break in on the speaker termination exaggerated the issue but when I checked the bias voltage on the amplifiers, I noted fairly violent changes in the bias voltage under normal listening volumes.  I was concerned enough to contact the manufacturer.  I was given some ideas to try to isolate the problem since one of the amps seemed more unstable than the other.

None of the tube swaps or other swaps had any impact on the issue.  I do have some electronics background so while looking at schematics for the amplifier, I decided I may be over thinking the issue and decided to measure the actual resistance of the speaker,  Mine were wired to be able to be bi-amped and have jumpers supplied by Eric (wanted to leave my options open for the future).

I measured again this morning to verify my findings.  My MOABs measure 3.2 ohms.  This is the load seen by the amplifier.  When I checked the manual, it stated to use an output terminal on the amplifier that is less than the load (3.2 ohms).  I moved the speaker wire to the 2 ohm output on the amp and voila, rock steady bias voltage even at high volumes.

IMHO, it seems that the MOABs are efficient.  I love the sound.  I replaced some Cornwall IIIs with the MOABs.  They are sensitive to system changes.  I missed the dynamic sound of the horns so I added some Stein Harmonizers.  Also upgraded to all silver interconnects (thanks @Eric_squires, your posts and suggestions about cable to use led to some nice sounding DIY cables.  Much more transparent than the Audioquest cables I was using).

If I were looking for some SS amplifiers to drive these speakers, I would want to ensure they are capable of efficiently driving low load speakers.
Many tried to pull me over to the tube side as well but what I have learned is that I just prefer the sound of no tubes, just as I don’t prefer the sound of no preamp before the amp. Yes, I can hear how tubes are warmer and certain bright aspects are now smoother, but I found that in turn many of the highs weren’t as clear and the bass was not as fast. This was in my comparison of the rogue rh-5 and the headamp gs-x mini to my susvara. I much prefer the SS
The 4365's deserve big honkin solid state amps IMO. Just for giggles, you could buy one of the high powered Crown amps off Amazon on the cheap and see if that is more your taste. Then you can go after a higher end that is similar. I'm thinking one of the Passlabs or McIntosh SS big powered amps would be a great match.