DAC question - is music streamer DAC better than mcintosh DA2?

I am planning to buy a MA12000 or MA9500 or MA8950, all of which have the new DAC (DA2) along with a music streamer. While I perusing the posts here, I see that several of you have suggested not to rely on the mcintosh's DA2 and instead, rely only on the music streamer's DAC. If that is true indeed, then what is the point of spending thousands of $$$$$ on a mcintosh? wouldn't a more reasonable (price-wise) manufacturer suffice? 

What are the other considerations for me to understand? Thank you :)

nathandfwacoustics

I recently upgraded my Yamaha AS2100 to a McIntosh MA8950. Although I felt the Yamaha was good for it's price point, it was the weak link in my system, and works really well powering my outdoor speakers. I also use a Node to stream. Upgrading the Node was on my mind. I was running the Node through the external DAC in my Yamaha CD-S2100 SACD. That was an improvement over the Node but the clock in the Yammie DAC was glitchy. I went to the Mac specifically for the DA2 and the audioformer. I have Sonus Faber Cremona Ms, which are 4 ohms, plus 2 KEF subs and felt like the Yammie wasn't doing them justice. Since swithching to the Mac. I've noticed significant improvement in the streaming. The DA2 is far superior to the Yammie DAC and the Mac has opened up the Cremona's. After hours of playing at 50% the Mac barely gets warm. I'm real happy with the choice and glad to hear others share my experience. 

OP

if you don’t want to spend money for an included DAC, just get a traditional integrated that just has pre amp and power amp.  Surely McIntosh still makes those?

I believe the only pure analog integrated amps they make are the hybrid amps, the 352 and 252

@nathandfwacoustics 

Generally speaking, quality of a DAC greatly affects sonics and often DACs within an integrated is subpar.  There are exceptions of course, but quality DACs increase cost while an integrated is for saving costs of casework and cables.

Whether or not an integrated DAC is satisfactory is an individual subjective judgment.