Do speaker cables need a burn in period?

I have heard some say that speaker cables do need a 'burn in', and some say that its totally BS.
What say you?

128x128gawdbless
I think it's a myth that buyers purchase and keep electronics, speakers and cables that they don't like because the salesperson says they will like it more in a few months...burn in, changing directions are free to try, so no real issues...
Hey prof, my straw men have not feet of clay. 😄 It's just that they can't be successfully dismissed, out of hand, on the fly, despite attempts.

As to your second accusation, it sounds more like projection on your part, as it presupposes only you can be right. Now that's a straw man we can all agree upon. 👍

All the best, (and time to check out to watch from afar......)
Nonoise

prof,

I guess you're saying our hearing is not a valid way of measuring.  If you cannot trust your hearing, then what else can you trust?  Once in awhile a person hearing can be fooled, but what you're saying is everybody hearing on earth has been fooled.

Again in order for you to be right, everyone else must be wrong.  Every single manufacturers have been hearing the wrong thing.  Every single professional reviewers must be wrong.  

I am not sure you have a way out in your argument.  

To say you're right and everyone else is wrong is in itself an invalid argument.
As to your second accusation, it sounds more like projection on your part, as it presupposes only you can be right. Now that's a straw man

Yes you have indeed have created another strawman.
Habits are hard to break I guess.

Prof  those were some very well thought out and rational posts. While you may not change the ones here entrenched in their viewpoints you may affect  others browsing through now and later.