Glanz moving magnet cartridges

Hi,

I have just acquired an old Glanz G5 moving magnet cartridge. However, I cannot find out any details about this or the Glanz range or, even the company and its history.

Can anyone out there assist me in starting to piece together a full picture?

Any experiences with this or other Glanz's; web links; set up information etc would be warmly received. Surely someone knows something!

Thanks in hope
dgob
Hi All,

I simply cannot optimize my G7 with my selection of tonearms. This is not to say that it cannot be optimized in other settings and I will wait until I do find just such a setting.

On the plus side of my latest meander, I have not discovered that the G7 line contact stylus adds something to the G5 cartridge (the stylus in the range are interchangeable). I have now settled for the G5 with G7 stylus as my ultimate Glanz.

Happy hunting to those who try.

As always...
Hi Dgob, You actually own your own thread. Are the answers
from Dgob to Dgob satisfactory?
Nandric,

I would just note that there are over 11,000 others following this thread - some of whom I discuss matters with off site. You could think of it as my sharing experiences around a cartridge that (although possibly a better performer than anything you have heard)
few if any of you have yet experienced.

Your puzzling interest here does of course make you 11,001. Although I cannot pretend to fathom any further interest on your behalf, I am glad that you had the time and energy to make your interesting contribution.

As always...
In my 02-18-12 posting, it should of course have read:

"I have 'now' discovered that the G7 line contact stylus adds something to the G5 cartridge..."

Apologies
Hi All,

Thanks to a recent contribution, I thought it timely to reiterate a founding aim of this thread/diary.

To wit, I still hope other Glanz owners (most specifically those owning or having owned the G5, G7 or MFG71E/L) will chip in with contributions. I know that we are apparently very few (or possibly only one) among the Audiogon readership but perspectives or information that add to the related knowledge here would still be warmly welcomed.

Until such time, I hope my meanderings and reflections will not prove too painful for those who remain or become interested.

As always...