Harman Kardon AVR vs. Yamaha RX-V2400 ??

Hi--I am in the used market for home theater equipment and recently picked up a pair of Energy Veritas 2.4's as our main speakers. I am now looking for the receiver and believe we can only afford a single combined unit. I am considering the HK AVR 7200 and the Yamaha Rx-V2400. Since I have not followed audio for a long time, I am looking for assistance. Any suggestions with details as to the differences between these units? Quality of sound? Reliability?? Features?? Thanks for any help. Be Well, Dan
paradoxfunccf1

Showing 2 responses by lej1447

I'm bias. Go for THX RX-V2400. THX may be meaningless on A'gon, but to mass consumers, they dig it, so resale value and foot traffic may be higher.
As the matter of fact, I agree with Exertfluffer. I have my Yamaha RX-V1400 (also THX certified) driven by a Marantz 5-channel amplifer at 170watt each channel. Just couldn't afford a better amp. Regardless, they sound very good to my ears. On the other hand, separate Outlaw have received nothing but rave reviews. Used separated units are pretty hard to beat. They offer great values for the money. Since you have found Audiogon website, be patient and shop for preowned units. However, since you wrote that you could afford only a single combined unit, I'm not sure if space or money would be the factor. Good luck.