How serious are you?

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being totally obsessed, how serious are you about this hobby?  Explain please. Thanks. 

128x128mapman

Maybe 3. I lost interest with near SOTA systems over 10 years ago. Now my interest is limited to getting the sound that I want to hear. New acquisitions are rare but I did get a new preamp recently because it offered both analog as well as digital DACs, and a Schiit Lokius for old recordings. Sounds pretty good. 

Same here as Larsman...   I made some major changes since 2021 including a second system

My main system is pretty near end game , except for speakers but I am saving that for down the road.   Waiting on a DHT preamp and when that arrives I am pretty much done.  Not much more I could want for and since getting a turntable  I am really enjoying my records again.   Since getting a good streamer I have discovered more music in the past 5 years than in 56 years !    So I am more about enjoying the music than dissecting the hardware .

My second system is super simple and gets me about 75% there.   It is very musically satisfying.   In a few weeks I will have what will be my last piece of hardware for a long time , a pair of Omega Super Alnico Monitors.   

I bought these for System 2 but I will be rotating these and my other compact monitors between both systems to fight boredom and stave off any future upgrades for a while.  

When you have enough gear to put together to put together a third system,  and you have no room then you know you have a problem. That said I am selling off several pieces.   I hate seeing good gear not being enjoyed 

I guess in terms of buying new gear I am more of a 3-4 I’d estimate. I go for a long time with what a I have once I get it right. But I am always on the lookout for technical advancements and features that might move the needle and in most years I am likely to add something new to try but that does not mean I necessarily replaced anything. I keep multiple systems running and also keep spares around just in case needed. Yikes, better make that a 6-7!!  What normal person does that?

For example this year was busier than normal. I bought 2 very good but cost effective stands and updated my streaming with Roon, qobuz, and a second Cambridge Roon ready streamer. Then some new digital wires needed to hook things up off Amazon.  Also I acquired a few spare pieces that I had given my sister  a few years back but that she no longer used. 

I'm with larsman in that I'm very satisfied with my present system. That, and this is kind of a clickbait question if there ever was one. I can't recall the last time I was asked how obsessed I was with something without someone thinking I needed help.

All the best,
Nonoise