Hudson Hi-Fi provides no proof that the goats hair bristles of their anti-static arm "discharges" the negative charge on the surface of the LP (or even a technical explanation of how that discharging is accomplished), transfers "something" into the arm, and then into a ground wire, and that signal in the wire is then sent to ground. Color me dubious.

The static charge is a very well understood phenomenon, as is the means required to neutralize it. Anti-static brushes have been in use in film labs for decades. I see no technology in the Hudson Arm that seriously addresses the static charge. The Arm looks like a toy to me.

I have tried… using the ZeroStat gun (1 - 3) by instructions for decades ( I have purchased four over time, and brought one out periodically) with no positive results. I lived in Tucson for 25 years… static head quarters.

The Hudson works on the size of the album that is playing. I read about and see the small grounding wire / fiber in the middle of the spray of brush bristles for catching dust. I haven’t delved into the physics… but it both eliminates static and catch’s dust on the playing side of the album. Eliminating to problem. So, for me the Hudson works great.

I appreciate the info on the pocketed sleeves.  Thanks!

Now if I could just find some triple gatefold outer sleeves!

@harpo75: There is a way to use the VSS Double Pocket sleeves on a triple gatefold jacket, I’ve done it.

You put a Double Pocket sleeve on both the two outer gatefolds, with the tape strips on the flaps on the back of the jacket (you MUST use the version with the tape on the flap, rather than the body). But before you put them on, take a Multifunction sleeve, cut off both flaps (I lay a sleeve down on cardboard, place a straight edge across the sleeve right where the flap meets the pocket, and slice with an Exacto knife), then slide the sleeve past either of the gatefolds until the sleeve covers the middle section of the jacket. Then secure the two Double Pocket sleeves to the Multifunction sleeve with the tape strips on the flaps. If you don't want to cut off the two flaps on the Multifunction sleeve you don't have to, but in that case the sleeve must be used with the flaps on the inside of the gatefold jacket.

You then have a pocket on the inside of the front gatefold for one LP, and a pocket on the inside of the rear gatefold for the second and third LP’s. That might sound confusing, but once you have the Double Pocket sleeves in hand it will become obvious.

FWIW, the key to the Hudson Hi-Fi LP Record Cleaning Antistatic Arm Brush (hudsonhifi.com) is that the goat hair brush has carbon fiber bristles at the center.  That's why it can work with the ground cable to attached to a good ground.  If in doubt, just take a digital multimeter and measure the resistance from the carbon fibers to the end of the ground cable.