I'll welcome myself back after a brief hiatus

Well, guys I completely lost my hearing in one ear so I ending up putting all my stereo rigs in the closet. Then I started to think about a mono rig. I stacked my Lintons from my TV setup on top of each other and it worked out pretty good. So I ordered a Tekton Perfect Set 2-12. Mostly because its a big box and has the tweeter at ear level. Now I had something. I’m still playing around but I’m running with a Antique Audio six-pac and a cheap Parasound preamp for now. so far so good.

128x128russ69

@russ69  no words to say, except my total empathy and hope that your mono set-up gives you pleasure. I wish you well.

@baylinor  I have read and enjoyed many of your responses to these threads over the years. I have always respected your opinions and also your kindness. But I will have to say after reading about your injuries and the physical and mental challenges that you had to endure, and ultimately rise up from is nothing but miraculous and commendable. Most would have fallen like cards. 

@judsauce 

Thank you for your more than kind comments. It wasn't easy at the start, it took me 3 months to learn how to walk again. Even if my life changed forever, I was always blessed with multiple talents and found new ways to go through life without any more sports activities. It also got me ready to face my seventies which I entered 4 days ago :) 

@russ69 welcome back to the audiophile fold

Agree it is important to keep a positive outlook as we age and our bodies eventually fail us…in this life.  I’m 64 and have to attend weekly traction and chiropractic for my back spinal degeneration, or my back muscle spasms/cramps. Only other alternative is surgery which is especially scary from knowing Warriors Steve Kerr years of post back surgery pain/problems.

Post removed 

Welcome back @russ69. Sorry to hear about your  hearing loss but the steps you've taken so far are more than making up for it. Adapting to a situation takes a discipline that some find hard but you're on the right track. Determination, too, helps to overcome that feeling of loss and to put it behind you.

Eventually, the conditioning you put yourself through with this process will make it so that how you now hear will seem normal and satisfying enough that you won't notice the loss. Everything will become second nature and you can go on enjoying the music.

All the best,
Nonoise