I Sold my CD Player!!! Streaming sounds so incredible!!!

Several years ago, was the very first time I had the opportunity to hear a very high end, high quality, streaming audio system.  Once I heard it, I was smitten, and I knew right then and there that this was me all the way!!!  I was absolutely blown away by the handy convenience of the little iPad (or cell phone) used as remotes to control the otherworldly access to a virtual ocean of music via Tidal, Qobuz or downloads.  I immediately recognized this new technology as the future of my own audio system, especially with all the new hi rez stuff out there that was now made available. I gave up vinyl when CD came on the scene (yes, I'm an old guy), and, now, perhaps, it would be finally time to retire my beloved CD player.  Long story short:  What put my streaming audio system over the top, as far as sound quality is concerned, was the assemblage of these core streaming devices-----( #1) A superb DAC, by Ayre Acoustics QX-5 Twenty streaming DAC  (#2)  An outstanding music server, by Roon Nucleus Plus  (#3) An outstanding Audio Switch, by Pakedge Devices   (#4) Excellent Ethernet Cables, by Shunyata Sigma.  I also utilize numerous other tweaks and filters that further purify the streaming audio signal within my room and audio system.  At this juncture in life, I am just mesmerized by the combination of sound quality and convenience that I get through my streaming audio system.  I'm also happy and pleased to report that, I don't miss my old beloved CD player one bit.  Happy listening.              

kennymacc

"nothing beats streaming for discovering new music."
My experience is different. Most of my new discoveries come via analog stereo tuner on public radio local programming. One host specializes in progressive rock, others in folk, jazz, baroque, reggae. Years ago, Spotify did a scary good job of profiling my tastes, yet today very few of their suggestions have proved to be keepers. The Qobuz algorithm doesn't seem to have me figured out at all, and I've yet to find any streaming radio stations through Qobuz that keep me interested. My #3 system is hooked to satellite TV via a good DAC, providing access to DirecTV stations such as "Adult Contemporary" that aren't bad. #4 system is on desktop, and I'm told that YouTube knows users better than they know themselves, but haven't gone there yet to verify this. 

@mahler123 After over 40 years in high end audio, it really doesn’t matter to me anymore which audio format sounds best, because they all sound great to me. I was only expressing my sheer delight in my own dedicated streaming audio system, which prompted me to sell off my old CD player. I always say-----high end audio are "Big Boy Toys" and you get to pick your favorite toys to play with, whether it be CD, streaming, vinyl, reel to reel, etc. Whatever pleasures "YOU"  is all that matters. Happy listening.

Congratulations. I to listen to streaming almost exclusively, and all media (given the same master) sound the same, but I have retained my vinyl and CP players.

SNAP CRACKLE POP,no thanks..Give me an inky black background,NO constant cleaning,no degradation of the media with EVERY use,no massive storage area & on & on & on...