I Sold my CD Player!!! Streaming sounds so incredible!!!

Several years ago, was the very first time I had the opportunity to hear a very high end, high quality, streaming audio system.  Once I heard it, I was smitten, and I knew right then and there that this was me all the way!!!  I was absolutely blown away by the handy convenience of the little iPad (or cell phone) used as remotes to control the otherworldly access to a virtual ocean of music via Tidal, Qobuz or downloads.  I immediately recognized this new technology as the future of my own audio system, especially with all the new hi rez stuff out there that was now made available. I gave up vinyl when CD came on the scene (yes, I'm an old guy), and, now, perhaps, it would be finally time to retire my beloved CD player.  Long story short:  What put my streaming audio system over the top, as far as sound quality is concerned, was the assemblage of these core streaming devices-----( #1) A superb DAC, by Ayre Acoustics QX-5 Twenty streaming DAC  (#2)  An outstanding music server, by Roon Nucleus Plus  (#3) An outstanding Audio Switch, by Pakedge Devices   (#4) Excellent Ethernet Cables, by Shunyata Sigma.  I also utilize numerous other tweaks and filters that further purify the streaming audio signal within my room and audio system.  At this juncture in life, I am just mesmerized by the combination of sound quality and convenience that I get through my streaming audio system.  I'm also happy and pleased to report that, I don't miss my old beloved CD player one bit.  Happy listening.              

kennymacc

Streaming is the nexus between wealth and luck in America. You need the luck of access to hard wired fiber optic service and the wealth to express the data on a fancy system, like the person who began this thread.

Coaxial cable was invented in the 1840's and it is in the lion's share of American households. A coax modem is a digital sphincter that does a mediocre job and wears out in a year or two. The cable tech in my old neighborhood told me he had a job for life replacing coax connectors under the side walk. They fail like clockwork. Streaming was misery.

Streaming is the nexus between wealth and luck in America. You need the luck of access to hard wired fiber optic service ...

If we’re talking about streaming audio, that’s simply mistaken. Hi-res audio such as Qobuz needs no better than 10Mbps for smooth, reliable playback.

Well I will listen to my Vinyl albums and cds .I'm not into streaming and like to look at the cd inserts or check out the Vinyl cover...Hope your streamer doesn't crash...It's all about the music so how ever you listen to music Enjoy....that's what it's there for....

I would argue that streaming has been a positive development for musicians

that's not what musicians say

@Kennymacc

i also think steaming is awesome. I use an Esoteric N01 XD SE streamer, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet cable, and Audioquest Thunderbird XLR interconnects to my preamp. I also have an Oppo 203 order to play Blu-ray audio, and a Clearaudio turntable (which is awesome), but I am in audio heaven while streaming.