Is D for Dry? Class D...

Class D sounds dry and lifeless... thats all, carry on
128x128b_limo
I’d have to hear @b_limo ’s Fritz monitors on good Class D versus others to know which I would prefer with those specifically in that they are advertised to be a most easy load to drive (though not at all particularly efficient) and in my only listen I’ve heard them in fact sound wonderful off a flea powered tube headphone amp at a show. So they are somewhat unique and special in the sense that most any amplifier has a chance to sound good with them. Which sounds best may still well be a totally subjective call by each depending, but they definitely make life relatively easy for most any amp compared to most speakers out there these days.

@mamboni the larger Ohms like ours with large 12" Walsh style drivers in particular are definitely a unique beast as well. Not a horrible load by any stretch from what I have read and not efficient enough that I would try to run them off a flea powered tube headphone amp (though teh results might be interesting) but in my experience very responsive to different amps and gear in general upstream and I have found they tend to like lots of power and current to open up fully and benefit from corresponding higher damping factors like those found with most Class D amps.
I’ll skip the D-bate on this...
currently auditioning a PS Audio Stellar S300 which uses the usual suspects of Ice modules. That’s where it stops. The bout stage is a proprietary MOSFET which sounds pretty good. 
The excellent staff at PS say that about 300 hours is optimal burn-in, but this can be done with no speakers connected, so is purely for the input/driver stage. 
I’m playing all my favorite stuff and watching and waiting for either the amp to thermally warm up (they don’t), or to pop a speaker - which would be a good excuse to fed new ones. 
I’ve had a Parasound Halo A23+ on order for awhile...
Class D=dry and lifeless?

I don't think so.  You should get to hear a pair of Nuforce Ref 9 V3 SE mono amps with TDSS level 3 upgrades--primarily to the power supply.  These amps are potent, detailed, much more live, and with killer bass and I've heard them with a variety of speakers.  All of which benefitted at using the Ref 9's.

Bob
I'm currently trialing a D-Sonic M3a-1200S, which is a Class D amp with a Pascal X-Pro module.  I'm liking what I hear so far and my maggies are loving the power they are being fed.  I had been using an Akitika GT-102 Z4, which will probably be relegated to my office system. 
...well, D is trying to storm the Citadel of Sound again.....

...and have grown more equipped to do so.

Only time and timbre to tell the tale...as it always has been. *G*