KEF 2005.2 + Harman Kardon 135?

I recently purchased a set of 5.1 KEF 2005.2 speakers, and my dealer suggested matching them with a Harmon Kardon 135 receiver. I've hooked everything up, and I'm a little concerned that that receiver isn't pumping enough juice to the speakers, as it's only 45 watts per channel and I've read the KEFs require a lot of power.

I know HK pushes a lot of current despite the wattage rating, but can anyone who knows these speakers offer somce sage advice? And if I need to switch up, what would be a better receiver for ~$500?

Thanks--
Jeremy
unsulliedea32

Showing 1 response by chaskelljr2001

"Jeremy":

To counter "Rich's" statement saying that he didn't know "there was a H/K 135", and after checking "H/K's" website, it was comfirmed that there is in fact an H/K 135.

But now, to answer your question concerning the use of a H/K 135 with a KEF KHT2005.2, I personally don't see anything wrong with using an H/K 135 with a KEF KHT2005.2 Speaker System. By these speakers being small to begin with, they're not going to need buckets of power to get them going. So, I think you're going to be fine using a KEF KHT2005.2 Setup with an H/K 135 Audio/Video Receiver. I also am using a KEF KHT2005.2 Speaker System, but I am using mine with an H/K 430, and doing so with very good results indeed. So, you're not going to have a problem at all (unless of course you're going to be playing action movie soundtracks at THX volume levels in a big room...... in which case, then you need to rethink your scheme of things).

Being that this speaker system comes with a subwoofer, and that the subwoofer comes with its own amplifier, all you have to do is directly plug the subwoofer to the subwoofer output of the H/K, set your crossover frequencies, and you're set.

--Charles--