LessLoss DFPC Signature

Has anyone compared the Signature version of these PC's to the original version? Can you describe difference in performance (if there is an audible difference). Thank you.

Neal
nglazer
Sorry Louis, that is not what I was alluding to. I am not referring to the contents we write ourselves and whether we want to hide those from "The Authorities" or "Agencies" or whether we think we can be offensive and disrespectful when using a moniker.

I am talking about unauthorized use and abuse of names and faces by third parties. I have seen my own system published and discussed on a Greek website, obviously taken without permission from Audiogon. What could have been easier than to contact me through the mail-link on the 'Gon and ask me? The person choose not to do that. I know that is an (almost) ridiculously harmless example, but that is were it starts. I have seen another US based 'Goner's system published by a dealer in the Netherlands who advertised a show he was organizing with the speakers on that picture. I contacted the owner of the system, he wasn't aware of it, had never been asked. I mean, some people take contents, any contents, from the internet and use them (fake their own identity, publish under other real names, order goods in other names meant not to be paid, manipulate photographs and play dire pranks with them, build entire data-bases to be sold for marketing or other purposes, etc.), not always as harmless as my examples. But enough of that, I repeat I understand your thinking and am sympathetic to it. Yet, my photograph for one thing will not be on the internet, period.
I have been using the original powercords and they are very good. I fact better than a lot of other brands including the very expensive and esoteric ones. A couple of week ago i changed 2 of these for the new Signature and yes, these are even better. A lot better i must say in all respects: more detail, better soundstage, better bass,more color, etc. They are more expensive also, but the price-quality ratio is very good. I can recommend to anyone!
I posted the following on the LessLoss website:
I've been comparing power cords carefully for almost 30 years. I've tried very expensive and well-known brands, relatively inexpensive and more obscure brands, and DIY concoctions from cheap hardware store wire. For the past 8 years or so I'd stuck with various Shunyata Power Snakes, which I still hold in high esteem. They trounced everything else I had tried, and I was especially happy with the King Cobra v2. Despite the claims of Shunyata and some reviewers, I think it was the best power cord Shunyata ever made--at least in my system, which I believe (and others claim) is very neutral.
But like many audiophiles, from time to time I get the itch to try something new. So I bought two very reasonably-priced Original LessLoss DFPCs. To my surprise, despite the price difference (the KCs originally sold for around $2200), the Originals were superior to the KCs. I found them to be even more neutral and more detailed, and somewhat more dynamic. The difference wasn't as striking as I'd heard in some previous cable shoot-outs, but it was clearly audible and a change for the better. And I heard that same difference in various applications: with my VSE-modified Sony SCD-1, powering my PS Audio Power Plant Premier, and also powering a set-up I dedicated to dubbing CDs onto CDRs.
Recently, I learned that LessLoss had improved upon the Original DFPC and produced the Signature. I gladly accepted Louis's upgrade offer and soon thereafter received two new Signature DFPCs. This time, the changes I heard were more dramatic. I compared the Signatures both to the Original DFPCs and to some remaining King Cobra v2s, and there was no doubt that the Signatures were a considerable improvement over both. Compared to the Original DFPC, the Signature produced a bigger, deeper, and more detailed soundstage, and even though the Originals were already very neutral, smooth and extended, the Signatures were (incredibly to me) even more so, with strikingly improved and more realistic reproduction of instrumental timbre. (Perhaps I should mention that I'm a musician [a pianist], and I know what acoustic instruments sound like.) The Signatures had greater low-frequency weight without being bloated or muddy, and I was frequently surprised by the amount of upper-frequency detail I was hearing (or hearing clearly) for the first time. Even the gentle high buzzing sound produced by the Power Plant Premier's CleanWave function emerged with more clarity.
It's not surprising, then, that in a head-to-head comparison with the King Cobra v2, I preferred the Signature by a large margin. As good as the KC was, and as much as I thoroughly enjoyed the sound of my system every time the KCs were installed, replacing them with the Signatures demonstrated, over and over, what an improvement the new cables provided--across the board. The Signatures were significantly more neutral, more balanced, more realistic, and more extended, but never cold or clinical.
In fact, at this point you can probably fill-in the cliches for me; you know what they are when a new component takes one's system to a clearly audible new level of performance and realism. And you probably know the experience of being caught up in the music even when you're trying to listen to the changes wrought by some new component, or hearing unexpected details in recordings you thought you knew well. Those things happened to me as well, time and again.
So make no mistake, the Signature DFPC is a killer power cord, and at its price it's still a bargain. I'm buying more.
Note, when you see 6 new posters that join in the same month and all rave and plug for the same company you can bet that long time members will not take them seriously. But hey, you never know in these crazy economic times,cough cough. You go boy!
As the originator of this string, I really do not understand the cynical comments or those that suggest not so obliquely that the mfr. somehow planted the positive comments. I am a seasoned litigator with over 3 decades of experience under my belt,(and an audiophile for longer than that) and have confronted liars at the highest corporate levels, so I think I have a bit of a nose for deception. Louis Moten does not make that skeptical nose twitch.

I have used the original LessLoss cords for about a year and they are very good and a tremendous value. I have no reason to believe the positive comments on the Signatures are plants or are insincere, so I am going to try the Sigs. Regardless of the reviews, my ears will be the final arbiter.

C'mon people, let's be nicer.

Neal