Love it when it snows

Nothing quiets things down like a nice blanket of snow. The roof is muffled, and the forest too. But I think there may be even more going on. Doesn't snow often here, but every time it sure does seem like the power is cleaner. For sure the listening is better. 
128x128millercarbon
djones51, to what did the universe expand from? I never studied astrophysics so I’m always fascinated by the subject so I’m being sincere here. What do astrophysicists teach in regards to before the bang. Do they indeed teach that something came from absolute nothing?
Yep, when the sun begins to burn it's helium it will grow into a red giant then after a few billion years more it will rip itself apart condensing into a whit dwarf. I doubt humans will exist long enough to be worried about it.
Unless they send Spock to deliver some red anti-matter. 

But, in the end, you can file that under just another example of deus ex machina, like all of our previous contrivances.

All the best,
Nonoise
Penrose Theory is not steady state ….

And I cite only Penrose to name an alternative example... There is no absolute truth in astrophysics at this hour in the history of mankind …. :)

If you want to know truth before dying, it is necessary to study other books than astrophysics.... Love and numbers are my 2 books...

The universe expanded from a singularity, that’s when this universe and with it the arrow of time. When one speaks of before it doesn’t make sense to us as time didn’t exist so to answer your question science gives one of it’s most honest answers, they don’t really know.
Exactly....

We cannot wait for science, except from mathematics, there is not a truth, but way more than that, a vision of fertile unending  force....

Love and contemplation is the key....
More to discover