Love it when it snows

Nothing quiets things down like a nice blanket of snow. The roof is muffled, and the forest too. But I think there may be even more going on. Doesn't snow often here, but every time it sure does seem like the power is cleaner. For sure the listening is better. 
128x128millercarbon
There used to be an affordable system in place for the downtrodden and mentally ill people. The great depression dictated the need.

Right. Downtrodden and ill only came into existence with the Great Depression. Before that was all wine and roses. Paintings on cave walls in France from 50,000 years ago show people gathered around vast dinner tables as buffalo and lions peacefully offer themselves up for the feast. 3 million year old hominid fossils are often found with their fire building tools and universal health care cards.

Sorry. I know that’s not very good. Trying to be equally nonsensical. Close as I can get without space aliens.

How does it feel to have to come here? Does it help to have someone to talk to? I think I felt better when I was locked up in the hospital. I am thinking about asking the doctor to increase my medications. I’m already on seven different medications but I’m not sure they’re working. 🤡

Very good line.... :)

Like said Groucho Marx : " Stupidity is perhaps my vocation, but no more my daily job"

@djones51, you beat me to it. It seems that Henny Penny gets all his facts from somewhere behind him, like that $80,000/year street cleaner. It took all of two seconds to google it and the starting pay for an entry level street cleaner is $32,427. In a perfect world, getting a 3% raise every year would take you 31 years to get at that salary.

Hell, while you're at it Henny Penny, check out the streets of LA or any city and you easily spot the homeless. On my morning walks I see the same faces, year in and year out; homeless encampments that last for several months. 

There used to be facilities in place to deal with it but you have Reagan to thank for that. Considering that about half of the homeless are veterans, we should be ashamed.
 https://www.sfweekly.com/news/the-great-eliminator-how-ronald-reagan-made-homelessness-permanent/

All the best,
Nonoise
More to discover