My Oppo is a bit too bright

'sup?
In a comparison to an impartial audience between my analog rig and my Oppo 105D > LFD LE IV rig, the consensus was the the digital end was too bright and brittle.
Some more details:

Digital:
Oppo 105 > Belden 840 cables > LFD LE IV > Decware Styx speaker cables

Analog:
VPI HW19 MK 4/Hana ML > Morrow PH4 > LFD LE phono > AZ ICs > LFD LE IV
All feeding into Spatial M3 Turbo S's
I agree with the consensus. Any suggestions for a warmer digital sound?
s
128x128simao
Ideas:
Try playing with the OPPO filters.
Use the balanced analog output if you can and turn off the gain control.
Don’t use ’bright’ cables - try the inexpensive Benchmark Media cables.
Get a really well-recorded SACD (Heifetz, Roger Waters, Jorma Kaukonen, or Patricia Barber) to use as reference.
Use the OPPO USB input from a Mac Mini streaming buffered QoBuz music over a CAT 7 ethernet and a 300Mb internet connection.
Use ’Pure Audio’ mode.
@ivanj  That's one thing I've been done yet, has plugged my Oppo into my upstairs system / TV / and play with the filters there.
Aha, yes bright interconnects.

I was using Surfer XLR ICs, which are silver, and yes, THEY were bright. As soon as I replaced them with WireWorld Series 8 the brightness went away
Question: Checked out the Cocktail line and read up on some of the reviews. But question: What if I have no interest in ripping my cd's?

Like, what if I wanted to spend under 2000 on a streamer I could just run Tidal or Quboz through?

Have an Oppo 105D with the Modwright vacuum tube and external power supply option. Closest thing to high quality vinyl that I’ve heard. May be hard to find on used market though.