Next step up on the streaming food chain?

I’ve been enjoying my Auralic Aries G1 for nearly 3 years now. If I wanted to explore a significant step up in my streaming quality, and not a small incremental increase in quality, what devices should be on my short list? Aries G2.2? Grimm MU1? Something else? The G1 is awfully good, however, I still perceive an extra layer of dimensionality and roundness with my analogs set up (see profile for details) that I would love too achieve in the digital realm. Or am I barking up the wrong tree, and should I focus on my DAC, a Bricasti M1, and try as non-oversampling R2R dac? FWIW, I think the Bricasti is excellent- it was the first DAC I ever heard that made me say- "that sounds terrific" instead of saying "that sounds great for digital"

128x128zavato

+1 @kennymacc

Most likely, a better streamer would help achieve your goals. If budget is a concern, have you considered a DDC - such as one of these with a trial period. This approach would keep the Lightning DS interface.

I’m also a fan of OCC wire. Then I installed this Synergistic Research Galileo digital cable between the DDC and the DAC. Wow! Full bodied & dynamic. No digital leanness. Zilch! Good luck in your quest.

I own (recently) a Bricasti m1 SE with their network card. Great deal, but, still very expensive for me. I listen to only rock and roll, also 60' & 70's. I use Qobuz and Audirvana, and couldn't be happier. Just saying:  Robert TN

I’m not sure it’s the best advice to upgrade your $4000 streamer to something more expensive.  As always trust your ears and try to gear first before you buy if you can. 
I have an G1 and G2 and I have heard fundamentally no difference between them. 
I’ve heard all kinds of nuanced differences between interConnect and cables, however so it really depends on your entire audio chain.  I would scrutinize your audio chain before I spent more money on the streamer because those are usually tiny returns for a lot of money.  Thumbs up for power conditioning also for a DC blocker.  

@rzado 

"Its also strange that he so strongly recommends a random Belgium made server he happens to sell as superior to products 3-4x the price"

I find it strange that you find it strange.

His opinion changes to match his inventory.