pro-ject cd box rs2 vs jays audio cd2 mk3

I have been following a lot of posts here , but I have not read of any comparisons as of the 2 transports . I am on the fence about the 2 transports as it does not seem that there is to many choices in that price range. I can purchase both transports for about the same price . any body compare them yet or have any other thoughts . thanks
kully560

@lak Hello and thank you for your reply!

It's good to know that the transport does not move around at all while operating it's lid.

So are you saying that you are using Project's own upgraded LPS?  

Do you have the LPS siting right beside the transport or is it best to keep them far apart?

Would you be willing to share with me what other transports you have used and how the Project differs in sound qualities from the others?

I have just recently bought the LTA Aero Dac and am in the market for a new transport and am considering the Project, Jay's Audio and CEC.

I am concerned with all of the Q.C issues the Project seems to be having.  I'm not even sure if I can find one in stock at the moment.

Thank you and best wishes to you,

​​​​​​​Don

@no_regrets,

I'm using Projects own Power Box RS uni, I'm not saying that its better then other power sources because I have not heard them. My Power Box sits 1.5" away from the Transport because I have a full rack and there is no place else to put it, however I don't detect any sonic interference. I have not owned or heard any of the other transports you are considering so I can't help you with sound qualities. If you don't hear back from other people that have posted in this forum that have heard the transports you are considering you might want to message them directly through Audiogon. Hopefully you can get some answers to your questions.

@lak Thank you for your reply!  It's good to know that you can have the LPS next to the transport and not hear any interferences.  I, like you, am running out of shelf space too and was thinking that with the Project being so diminutive in size, it might make sense to have both pieces side by side.

Thank you for your help!

Don

@acresverde

Thought you might find it interesting that Total DAC is coming out with a new (first for them?) transport fitted with the SU CD Pro 8 mechanism. I have not seen a price so far

Thanks for the info. Wise decision by TotalDAC in my opinion. The Sound Unlimited CD PRO drive unit is a major contributor to the superb sound quality of the Pro-Ject RS2T I believe.

@no_regrets

My LPS (Fidelizer Nikola II) sits adjacent to the RS2T and there are zero issues with this arrangement. There’s a picture on my virtual system page.

Charles

I sit my RS2T on top of my LTA, it's a perfect match and makes a double height stacking unit that looks meant to be.  I use some iso acoustic feet in between the two.  I do get some noise right from the CD transport.  It's subtle and not audible when music is playing but I'd rather it not make any noise.  I find the operation of the unit a bit clunky and cumbersome, having to lift the lid and put the puck on the center reminds me of playing an LP and how much trouble that is compared to hitting a button and any music you want is playing.  The thing is my CDs sound so much better than streaming it's worth it.  I also use the Marigo Aida CD mat which is a very good upgrade to the sound and that is one more pain in the ass thing to have to fiddle with to get a CD playing.   I do have an eye on some of the ultra high end transports by Zanden or Burmester.  I'd love to try one of those out compared to the RST2