Quicksilver Preamps?

I'm STRONGLY debating buying either the remote or std. version. How good are these preamps? Are they competetive and truly high end? I've seen pictures with the covers off and they're extremely minimalist / simple, almost too much so?  (I'm thinking power supply)
greg7
I agree. Note I put it in quotes. Directed at the poster who called Quicksilver mid-fi. Might have been another thread. Sorry for the misunderstanding. 
I WASNT ranting at you....  just the Mid Fi reference in general.     I understand...  Quicksilver is definitely underrated.   So good for the money.. .Im sitting here listening to my Mid Monos and asking myself "why am I buying a new Amp? 

I'm having a 300b amp built but will be keeping the QS for sure.   They will do duty in a second system.   If Mike built a low powered SET   I would have bought it.  He did actually,  several years ago and they are quite rare.
I'd like to A/B my Quicksilver against a "truly hi fi" preamp someday. I don't doubt it can be bettered, but I've not had the chance to see whether it would be bettered by 50% or 10% or 1%, etc. To my ears of course, which are the only ones I've had the privilege of using.
Over the years I’ve owned many preamps and the Quicksilver has bested all of them!!
I bought it largely on Yogiboy’s posts. I have not compared it to anything other than the Schiit SYS it replaced. It was a small step up from the SYS but I’m starting to think my previous speakers didn’t translate upstream gear changes. So I think maybe that’s why I wasn’t as impressed as I wanted to be when I got it.

I can think of a few line stages I’d like to demo and compare but that’s not money I can part with these days. So I typically research what people perceive to be the best 12AT7 tubes and then see if I can get a pair and see.