room setup suggesion needed

Hi everyone,

The question is for gurus of room setup.

Question is if anyone can suggest improvement of the situation where there is not much room for adjustment.

So there you go: 

1) Room conditions

room size 30ft x 30ft

audio wall with the location near centerline

rehearsing distance from the wall 9ft

sound focal point with speakers directed 8ft sound cross path directly at rehearsal point  ( not much room to adjust focal point could be pushed back max 3ft, not too happy about that idea)

speakers spread at 10ft center to center ( could be spread possibly to max 12ft with given wires)

speaker face 2ft off the wall less than 1ft space behind ( could be moved forward and tilted)

wall treatments floor dampening as well, floor standing speakers on spikes.

2) SYSTEM SPEC

speakers JBL 4367

speaker wires FURTECH Douglas 7ft be-wire Rhodium spades 

Amp Pass Labs X250.8

Pre amp Pass Labs XP-12

Phono Pass Labs XP-15

Turntable VPI Classic 1 JMW 10.5  Hana ML

Server Mac mini  

DAC Schiid Modius balanced out

inter connector cable Canari XLR 

system fully balanced 

power cables FURTEH 

Honestly system sounds really good, but better is enemy of good so is there anything I can do better or is there anything that I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks for opinions!

128x128ssg308

I have / had  sealed, rear ported, front ported and bottom ported "box" speakers. All would decrease in bass as they are moved from the wall boundaries. Trying different distances is key to finding the right balance between bass output and sound stage depth. I prefer my speakers far out into the room but have solved any bass issues with a couple of subwoofers.

How important is back wall setback for the front ported speakers ? 

As @newfzx7 mentioned, you will get less bass reinforcement for all speaker types by moving them father away from the back wall, but the key is finding the position where the speakers sound most balanced and the bass blends best into the sonic picture.  Obviously playing music with more bass content will be more helpful in readily hearing the differences in placement with this aspect, but do also play music with big recorded 3D space so you can also better assess critical imaging and soundstage differences as well. 

Large Room for Small Audience is Difficult (you or you and a mate/friend perhaps)

Square Rooms are Problematic

My suggestion, use the room differently, sub-divide by use, not necessarily walls, although tall folding screens might work): perhaps move the music area 14 feet from a wall, use the 14 x 30’ area portion for: (semi-private office, music library, conversational seating, small video, dining, a combo .........)

now the music space is 16’ x 30’.

I would first try:

speakers on short wall, a few feet from sides (one side a wall, other side a tall enough bookcase (lps?) to 'be a wall' to the speaker

far in front of rear wall. now rear ports not muddying initial reflections, and you will get a deeper sound-stage.

Speakers: Wheels: Alternate Locations

Toe-In Alternates: Stereo and Video

To read photo captions, and/or view larger photos (any virtual system), top bar, ’TOGGLE FULLSCREEN’

One tool that's super easy ot use is the AM Acoustics room mode simulator.  Plug in your room dimensions and it will help you avoid the worst trouble spots for speakers and listening location.

@elliottbnewcombjr I had a very interesting phenomenon, I placed 2 floorstanding speakers next to my standmounts, about 5 inches on the outside. The sound of the standmounts has completely transformed, it helped the speakers disappear and made the different elements feel more focused, "sourced".