Spatial Audio X3 Open Baffle Loudspeakers

https://youtu.be/R9VeZOdatao

What at do you think?
sumoking
I own  The M3 hologram turbo S and have talked w Clayton by phone and at shows. My guess is that these new models will give you “truth” in reproduction. I also know that the model I own will absolutely blow the doors off of some Zeppelin. They will absolutely ROCK!!!!! But give a call and talk to Clayton. He will be honest about the strength and weaknesses of his designs. He’s out to make happy listening and is honest if he feels his design won’t do what you want. Great guy w a company that excels at customer service!!! The new designs look like a step up from the m3/m4 entry into Spatial’s line and of speakers . 
FYI: I have not heard the model you are interested in. I just know that Spatial is dedicated to great sound and innovation. 
Best 
Caintuck Audio for the Betsy ….

Yes, that is one example of an extremely cheap OB speaker. But not on a level with Clayton’s offerings.

Open panel speakers are the way to go particularly in the mid range as there is less room interaction and you avoid enclosure resonance problems. I have made two pair of open panel speaker one was for a patient with muscular dystrophy who is a music teacher at our local high school. I used Focal drivers which use to be available. They only sell Auto stuff now. The panels were made of two outside layers of solid surface material and an inside layer of MDF. I got a midrange driver that would go down nicely to 100Hz and used a 48db/oct digital cross over down to subwoofers. He also has room control. The plates were small, 10 X 16 inches and we hung them from the ceiling with chains 3 feet from the wall. If you walked in there blind folded and listen to a few cuts you would have a very hard time believing you were listening to such little speakers. Very pleased with the results. I do not understand why more manufacturers do not do this. With the parts we have now like ribbon coils you could dress up the back of the speaker like art work. I think it looks cool and they are small so I can't believe the wife would mind.