Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Charles1dad glad you liked it and I'm also a Cyrus Chestnut fan! I would check Steve Nelson out thanks for the tip!
T_ramey,
Congratulations,  the list of happy Black fuse users continues to expand. Frank, see what you started ☺
Charles, 
Wow. What rhetoric. 
I have invested in reference level audio equipment and am aware the fuses therein,as in other electrical products,are there to "protect the equipment". The parameters of that protection are well known to the designers. The designers of products at the level of Spectral Audio (a fairly well respected brand) are definitely looking to maximize sound quality-that is the basis of our high quality (high end) equipment, and they seem to take extreme engineering design,innovation and ever improving parts quality to the utmost levels to produce competitive gear. So,can we not assume they would want to supply a power cord, and fuses, that would best show off their products --i.e. "allow" them to operate at their maximum level?
In younger days I would have 'logically' thought so. However, the utterly basic power cords supplied with some of the very best reviewed equipment are certainly not worthy of the task. My experimentation (and now ownership) with all of the top of the line MIT Oracle p/c's has clearly proved to me my 'logic' was incorrect. It has proven continuously, with analogue and digital equipment, that "stock" power cords are inappropriate on serious equipment. I have not experimented with fuses,so far, as the cost of failure of any fuse has been an unacceptable risk. I am now retired and don't have the funds to replace the reference level equipment that provides me such enjoyment. I have found vast improvements in experimenting with ac power supply isolation and conditioning and would very much like to further optimize the sound I obtain. However, when I compare the websites of the vaunted "hi-fi fuses" herein, with the website for example of "LITTELFUSE"; I am more impressed with the engineering,research,quality control,pride of performance-and willingness to stand behind their products with very detailed data shown by LITTELFUSE.   How do I determine the "hi-fi marketed" fuses will perform similarly?  Most sincerely,long time member and avid enthusiast of musical reproduction, Peter.
Peter,I can understand your concern. But rhetoric is what this hobby is based on. The next best, greatest, and cant live without tweak is always just around the corner. I can remember when power cord nay-sayers would have a connipshit about the evil rhetoric in concern of power cord/conditioner benefits. I believe that has been put to rest.

I use an SR black in my tube pre and I can say in all honesty that most of the rhetoric here is true. I say most,not all,because some posts are over the top in wishful thinking from my viewpoint. Its a fantastic tweak that does have worth in a revealing system. Of course ymmv. Give one a shot and see what all the hoopla is about...
It took me some time to decide that I should pay $119.95 FOR A FUSE(!). Well, I have progressed in life to the point that my disposable income has shrunk and retirement has set in. So the days of spending large amounts of money on gear have all but ended. I am ok with that because I have put together a music system that I am quite happy with and expect / hope to stay that way for some time. I am still an audiophile with the insatiable desire to improve what I have. It has just downsized in cost. But, $120 bucks for a fuse? Worth every penny. The Synergistic Black Fuse is a marvel. From the first piece of favorite music I played until I shut things off last night I sat there hearing greater detail, fullness, and air on every recording. I didn't make wholesale changes. I changed the fuse in my Hegel H300 Integrated only. I can't wait til the damn thing breaks in. Well done SR. Well done, indeed.