Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Mapman, 
In my experience I'd recommend a range of 70-100 hours for sufficient burn in time to judge their worth. With the exception of a tube power amplifier just about everything else can be left on 24/7  so that range can achieved in only 3 or 4 days. I guess I don't understand why something so simple is being made complicated. Audition the fuses with adequate burn in and then you make a decision. Keep them or return them. As this thread has demonstrated most users have found that the fuses were indeed an asset to their audio systems. A few had alternative results as would be expected with any product. It's wonderful to find a reasonably priced audio tweak that's generated such an overwhelming % of happy listeners and shared on audiogon.
Charles, 
I am listening to tiger okoshi.  Never sounded like this before.  Getting a littles better. Now is a little bass shy.  Breaking in
It is worth noting that leaving tube gear in general  on has a downside compared to SS. Although some SS amps do consume considerable power when idle.  The class d amps I use do not so I leave them on however the manual also has warnings to users about replacing fuses voiding warranties and such.  

These things do matter and are worth pointing out don't you think?  
All of my amplifiers are tube amps. I found the "downside" that mapman stated was surpassed with "upside benefits" when each tube amplifier had 150 hours of on time with a Synergistic Research Black fuse in place.

Yes the sonic improvement was worth putting 150 hours on the KR PX-25 tubes , the Elrog 845 tubes, and the now unobtainium Valvo 6SL7gt Hamburg 1959 tube!

tzh21z

Listen closely to your system at 6:00 pm this Sunday. I believe you will have a most enjoyable listening session.

To all reading this. If you wonder is there any possible way I can enhance the enjoyment of listening to the music I love- audition a Synergistic Research Black fuse. If you know there is no possible way to improve the listening enjoyment of your music- turn off the computer and turn on the music!

Tonight Mozart chamber music. This past Monday, Beethoven piano sonatas live in a room that holds a maximum of 100 people. I would say a pretty good reference point.

David Pritchard
FYI; in case you missed it.
Here we go again: "The BRAND NEW Synergistic Research UEF Black Duplex uses the same technology as Synergistic's world class SR Black Quantum Fuses".

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone that purchases one.