Top brand speakers

Could someone with a vast experience with speakers/subwoofers say which ones are the top brands and worth the money.
freesoulbg
The 929 without my way of XT-32 is huge. You have a much less sharp focus, a more clinical sound, less dynamics, less resolution, les decay.

The new Onkyo will not have Audyssey anymore. But...they sound a lot more musical. For people with less insight it is more easy to get a good result.

But Audyssey can give you an even more stunning sound. Without Audyssey the stage is less wide and deep. I Always try to use every single tool tot the max. That is why I test so much. To find out what is possible and were are the limitations.

You need to use all the good properties. And you have to limit the limitations as much as possible.
That's my point..."Without Audyssey the stage is less wide and deep." So, if I compared speakers with Audyssey to speakers without Audyssey, all things being equal, the speakers with Audyssey will have a wider and deeper soundstage.
06-17-14: Bo1972
The 929 without my way of XT-32 is huge. You have a much less sharp focus, a more clinical sound, less dynamics, less resolution, les decay.
And in your post earlier today,
I have my own way of measurment. This I won't share.
So what's the point? Isn't the purpose of the forum to share information allowing others to learn. I guess you just want everyone to know what it is like to live in your universe.
I give you a few important tips; You need to use a tripod and you need to work at mm precision. :)

The first few times I did a measurment with Audyssey I thought; I understand the benefit, but I also hear the limitations. So I started to do it differently.

Other people can try it out as well. You are not a mongol, are ya?

The new surround Onkyo receivers are in stereo a lot better than the ones of last year. They also will give stage depth.

In the tests I did between the old and new Onkyo receivers. I only found out that in Multi channel with Audyssey the stage is deeper an wider. And you hear also more decay. They use better capacitors, these give a much more musical sound. The individual focus of instuments and voices with the new ones is also a lot better.

For me personally without Audyssey Pro I never can create the level I have. I will use the 5509 longer. I also will go on for some time with the Integra 80.3.
"The new surround Onkyo receivers are in stereo a lot better than the ones of last year. They also will give stage depth.

In the tests I did between the old and new Onkyo receivers. I only found out that in Multi channel with Audyssey the stage is deeper an wider. And you hear also more decay. They use better capacitors, these give a much more musical sound. The individual focus of instuments and voices with the new ones is also a lot better."

Bo, do you use the amplifier sections of the Onkyo receivers or just the preamp?