Voltage conversion of Accuphase E-5000

Does anyone know how to convert voltage of Accuphase E-5000 100v to 110/120v? Or does anyone provide information on voltage conversion table of Accuphase E-5000?

foolishman

what do you mean convert? are you referring to different countries voltages? Japan @ 100v, NA @ 115v and Europe etc. @ 220v.

you should note Japan’s voltage and NA’s voltage are close but not close enough to run a 100v Japan model on NA’s 115v. you would need a voltage step down for the Japan model and step up transformer for the 220v assuming your in NA 115v.

I’m not sure about your specific amp and if it has a switch on the back to change supply voltages, your manual would have that as for internal changes again your manual should have that if available. chances are the manufacturer only puts the transformer in the chassis for the voltage in the country being sold, if its not switchable on the back. 

If your trying to run an amp made for another countries voltage you will need a step up or step down transformer. quality ones are available online. Make sure you get one that exceeds the rated max power draw of the amp plugged into it. this can be found on the back in watts. potted transformers in the step up/down transformer would be the best but rarer.

For example a standard 15amp 115v outlet in a NA house has a max draw of approx. 1500watts.  your amps max wattage 570w draw then buy a step up or step down transformer that is at least 25% larger then the max. you should buy a 750w-1000w transformer probably the 1000w as that’s a standard size and will give enough head room to never be a concern.

from the E5000 manual below: 

Power requirements 120 V, 220 V, 230 V AC (voltage as indicated on rear panel) 50 / 60 Hz

Power Consumption Idle 98 W In accordance with IEC 60065 570 W, Stand-by 0.3 W

You need to be aware that Accuphase only offers parts and service support for products purchased in the country in which you live.If it needs repairs you will need to send it back to the country in which it was sold.

@foolishman 

The E-5000 has an auxiliary transformer that needs to be changed to accept 120VAC mains voltage.

Main transformer voltage conversion is similar to the E-650 and E-600, just move the two plugs and sockets to the middle row.

Post removed 

@imhififan 

Thank you very much for the information. In case I actually do the work for voltage conversion, I might ask again in details. Thank you again in advance for your help.

Meanwhile, I am going to try to convert voltage of the Accuphase E-700 to 120V. Voltage conversion of the E-700 is the same as the E-650? It would be very much appreciated if you would provide information on how to convert voltage.

@foolishman 

Sorry, I don't have voltage conversion information for the E-700, I'm guessing it's probably similar to the E-5000. However, if you could post some pictures of the power supply board, maybe we can figure it out.

@imhififan 

Thank you. I will post some pictures of the power supply board for the E-700. Thank you again.

Post removed 

@foolishman 

Thanks for posting the E-700 pictures.

To convert the main power transformer primary winding voltage from 100VAC to 120VAC, move connector K1 to K2 and K4 to K5.

However, there is an auxiliary transformer in the upper right corner of your third picture, which supplies power to the standby circuit. It needs to be changed to 120VAC, or use a resistor connected in series to drop 20V so that the existing transformer can be used.

@imhififan

Thank you for providing information. Regarding the auxiliary transformer, I in case the existing transformer is used, how should I use a resister connected in series to drop 20V?

I will appreciate if you would provide more information.

Thank you in advance.

in case the existing transformer is used, how should I use a resister connected in series to drop 20V?

You can use a 680Ω 3W resistor to replace fuse F1.

https://www.vishay.com/docs/28729/pr010203.pdf

@imhififan

Thank you very much for providing information. Before receiving your message, I have done modification of circuit of the auxiliary transformer. Actually, a person with electronic and soldering skill has done.

According to him,  he inserted a resister : 2000 Ohm/2.5W (10kOhm/0.5W x 5 parallel) in series to the fuse and confirmed that the voltage at the DC plus line is 20% less from the original circuitry while power SW is ON.

Do you think it is OK?

@foolishman

Although U.S. mains voltage is rated at 120VAC ± 5%, in some cases household outlets may have voltages as low as 104VAC.

My suggestion would be to power the amplifier with a variac set to 104VAC and see what the highest resistance in series is allowed to turn the amplifier on, if 2kΩ works then it's no problem.

@imhififan

Thank you very much for your quick response. I turned the amplifier on with nearly 100VAC and confirmed 2kΩ works.

I have successfully converted the E-700 from 100v to 120v thanks to your great help. Thank you very much again.

Meanwhile, also I have started discussions about voltage conversion of the E-4000 and the DP-450. I will appreciate very much if you would post information on them. I am ready to post some pictures of the power supply board.

Thank you very much in advance.

I have successfully converted the E-700 from 100v to 120v

Great! You're most welcome, glad I could help.

I turned the amplifier on with nearly 100VAC and confirmed 2kΩ works... Meanwhile, also I have started discussions about voltage conversion of the E-4000 and the DP-450.

You can use the same method to convert the E-4000 and E-5000 from 100V to 120V.

BTW, if you could post some pictures of the DP-450, maybe we could figure out how to do the voltage conversion.

@foolishman

Thank you for the photo. I think the voltage conversion can be done in the PCB on the left, can you post an image of the front and back of that PCB?

@imhififan

Thank you very much for your providing information on the voltage conversion. I will need to remove the PCB to take photos. I will post an image of the front and back of that PCB as soon as I take photos for it.

@imhififan

Meanwhile, do you know how to convert voltage of the Accuphase C-47 Phono Amplifier from 100V to 230V?

I will appreciate very much if you would provide information on it.

@foolishman 

Sorry, I have no experience with voltage conversion with the Accuphase C-47 and PS-1250 either.

I'd love to know how to do that though! If you could provide some close-up pictures of both sides of the power supply board in your threads, maybe we can figure it out.

@imhififan

Thank you very much for your response.

I will try to take some pictures for the power supply board of those items and post them.

Thank you again.

@imhififan

Again, meanwhile, do you know how to convert voltage of the Accuphase C-3900 Pre-Amplifier from 100V to 230V?

Also, do you know how to convert voltage of the Accuphase A-300 Power Amplifier from 100V to 230V?

I will appreciate very much if you would provide information on them.