Who says cables don't make a difference?

Funny, after all these years, people still say things like "you wasted all that money on cables". 
There are still those who believe cables don't make a difference.
I once did marketing for a cable line I consider to be about the best-Stealth Audio Cables. 
One CES, I walked the rooms with the designer/owner, Serguei Timachev. He carried a pair of his then new Indra interconnects. Going from room to room he asked the room runners to replace their source to preamp IC with the Indra. There was not one that was not completely flabbergasted and said that the Indras blew away what they were using. That was the skyrocketing of Indra and Stealth. The Indra became one of the best reviewed cables ever.
Serguei now makes the Sakra-an IC that blows away the Indra!
I don't understand why some still do not value cables as much as I.
mglik
" Renounce or die "-Pope inquisitor

I renounce..... :)

By the way his cables are not sold for peanuts..... :)
mglik,

"Funny, after all these years, people still say things like "you wasted all that money on cables".
There are still those who believe cables don’t make a difference."

You’re right, I’m one of them.

After having wasted £100s on various cables to no effect (other than damaging the RCAs on the back of my CD player and amplifier) I don’t find it funny it all.

This is now the oldest scam in audio, and buyers need to be aware.

You can have the flashiest, thickest, tightest and most unwieldy cables possible but all you really seek to gain are damaged terminals.

That's not the difference I was looking for.
Truly people invest money in cables, and they make a little difference, a little one compared to any other way to improve our system....I know it by experience... But cables can also make a negative difference also.... This is particularly true for low or mid hi-fi audio system but even for top of the game one also....

Dont pay too much, choose them right, and forget them to turn your thinking to REAL audio problems to solve...

It is not necessary if  you are deceived or frustrated to equate all cables with lamp cord either....

:)

IMCE there is one documented, peer reviewed study of audio cabling that has failed to make an appearance in any of our favorite magazines (or those of the medical profession?). Where is the tech/skeptic proof that ALL cables sound the same? They should be able to measure Home Depot zip cord and ANY cable from any other manufacturer and prove that the output from any of them is exactly the same as the output from all of them.
I would at least read their study.
I wonder: Do the docs in the cardiac cath-lab read mags like "Absolute Thrombosis" or "Stentophile" to keep up? I know for a fact that the MD's have moved beyond zip cord and Belkin plug strips.
Why, if everything comes out the same?
@denverfred 
Why, if everything comes out the same?
Here are three reasons to consider:
  • Persistent and proficient cable marketing
  • Illusory truth effect, and finally
  • Investiphobia (the fear of not "keeping up with the Joneses")