Will a tube amp work well on Revel f208?

Hi,
Two different stereo store salesmen both told me to use a tube integrated amp (primaluna evo 400, or Ayon V) on my Revel f208.  I live in an apartment, so I rarely listen at concert levels (rock,pop,80's,modern music,etc) ,  But due to that speaker's impedance swings, it's in the 4 ohm region a lot  and needs a 4 ohm capable amp.  I was told by someone else that the Revel f208 likes high current, (Which won't be found in a tube amp?).  I was considering something like Hegel or anthem integrated STR before the prima Luna evo 400  was recommended.  Can  Somebody with actual knowledge chime in so I am not at the mercy of salesman or misinformation?  The speakers are revel  f208 and I'd like to stick with an integrated and stream for simplicity (I have node 2i)Thanks!
128x128labguy

Showing 1 response by glupson

Those particular speakers like more power rather than less. Not to go too deep into impedance curves and whatever else others have mentioned, but...

if you own these speakers you already know that they like some more power to make sounds. Barely above dinner background music level and an 90-Watt SS amplifier volume control is at 11 o'clock.