Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
Isnt that a kicker when they go and add a nice new finish like that? I just got an Ampino hooked up to my Superflys and am liking what I am hearing.
Incredible Experience!!

I finally have a pair of superfly. I have been following and commenting on this thread from the beginning- I was in line for the original deal but just didn't like the way they looked in the carbon, so I passed. Last week they had a "second" pair in latte for $1400 w/ shipping. I jumped.

Why incredible? Because many moons(more than 6) ago when I was a working musician in LA. I saw Neil Young and Crazy Horse at the Troubador in LA, a very small club. It was just before "Everybody knows this is nowhere" album was released and they played the whole album. Now the stage at the Troubador was tiny- 10' square if that. I was sitting center about 10 feet away,- you guessed it just about the distance from the superflys. So- First chord of Cinnamon Girl- Deja Vu and each cut after- deja vu all over again. I was back in LA. What the fuck?? Brilliant!

I have spent the last 5 days going thru all my guitar favorites, Rock, jazz, classical, flamenco-- hundreds of cuts. I say without reservation, the Superfly is the best transducer of guitar I have ever heard. The rest sounds pretty good too, I am hooked.

By the way, I am using an old el34 based golden tube integrated and a cheap samsung 3d dvd player. I'll report back when I hook them into my main rig.

The only thing that I can figure is that the driver size is so close to the typical guitar amp. I mean the guitar is palpably there in my room. No shit. The dynamics, the tone, are there. Wow. This hobby is major fun again.
>>Superfly is the best transducer of guitar I have ever heard<<

Among hifi speakers, without a doubt. I'm a 42 year guitar player. Even in Druid 6 years ago, it was guitar reproduction that first made me pay attention to what Zu was up to.

Now, for a treat, rig a guitar cable to connect the output of a tube guitar amp to your Superfly. Mask the super tweet with thick cardboard or something & listen to that FRD as primary guitar speaker...

Phil
Ha, Phil are you sayin' my 50 year old D'Angelico never sounded so good as being played back through a pair of Zu's? Oh my, think of the money I could save combining guitar needs with audio needs. Only on AG!