Bookshelf speakers for Onkyo A-9070 amp

Hi all, read this forum for a long time but this is my 1st topic.
I need a help with a bookshelf speakers for a small room (not square, complex shape).

Current system:
- source RPi + Digi One + Roon, SPDIF Coax out
- DAC Metrum Octave
- amp Onkyo A-9070
- speakers, for now, are KEF Q100, but I intend to use them in my HT

I want to buy good sounding speakers for pop / prog rock / hard rock / electronic, and sometimes jazz. Speakers will be close to the wall, so I'm looking for a front port / sealed box.
Listening distance is about 2 meters / 6 - 7 feet, so I think it still near field.
Budget is up to $2000 for a pair new or used if I can find them here in the US and they are not too rare/old.

I don't like too bright sound, like air and good imaging.

Any suggestions?
128x128vinsentru
@vinsentru,

I think a pair of Klipsch Heresy III's would fit the bill perfectly.  Sealed design, great rock speakers, imaging is great IMO, and punchy bass but would benefit with a good sealed subwoofer.  They are horns(mids, tweeters) and are revealing but not brittle or strident.  I have owned Heresy I's and Heresy II's for quite a few years and often listen near field at 6 to 7 feet and am amazed at how well they image.

Bill
willand, Klipsch Heresy's are too big for my small room. I'm looking for something much more compact, some monitor style speakers
Though I've never heard them, the Quad bookshelf speakers with ribbon tweeters ($1000) are supposed to be dynamite.
The Elac B6's are incredible and well lauded for $300. Stereophile rated. 

ASW 110's are quite nice. 

Reference 3A Dulcets or de Capis also punch and perform beautifully. 
The BMR Philharmonitors are worth a look, if you like 'air' and an open treble without brightness a RAAL ribbon is hard to beat, and they dig down to 32hz so you get solid bass performance in a standmount/bookshelf form factor.  They're typically rear-ported, but if you go for the Salk custom cabinet option they'll build them with a front port if you request it.  

http://philharmonicaudio.com/BMR%20Philharmonitor.html
Wharfedale makes great sounding speakers. My desk system has them 1.5 meters from me. Diamond 10.1
they have great tonal balance, not fatiguing at all. I listen all day every day and still love them. If you go up the chain they just get better. By the way, no subwoofer and the bass is excellent.