Has anyone used the new Innuos 2.0 Sense music app? Compared it to Roon?

I compared the two as I am a lifetime Roon customer.  I prefer the sound of the new Innuos Sense music app.  More natural and less electronic or digital sounding.  Not day and night, but better. My big issue is Innuos Sense does not seem to keep playing music, like Roon, when the album is complete.  Roon had a Radio switch that played artists similar to the artist as a continuous stream and I loved it.  Heard many new artists I loved this way.  
Anyone know if Innuos Sense has a similar setting? I can’t seem to find it. 
128x128grannyring

Showing 4 responses by tinear123

I checked my Zen Mini Mk3 this morning and the new software must not be available for it as yet.  Says up to date at V1.4.9 and I downloaded Innuos Sense to my iphone and it did not find my Zen Mini.  Ugh, anyone know the timing for the Zen Mini?
Just saw the weekly update for Jul-23 and the ZenMini support will be held off for 2.0.5 on Aug-03.  I can easily wait a couple more weeks before giving roon the boot.
Just updated my Zen-Mini-Mk3 (with LPS) today to 2.0.5 and wow!  On my system it absolutely kills roon from a sound perspective.  As others have stated, ultra low noise floor, vastly improved base and more delicate top end.  From an interface standpoint I really like it and did not use much of the discovery stuff from roon.  Once the Tidal search functionality is added it will be perfect for me.

I too switched from Roon to Sense.  One possible solution to your DSP is to just add a miniDSP in your signal path between pre & amp.  Yes yes I know this is an extra A/D-D/A but using the miniDSP-HD version I have been unable to hear the difference noting that I have the miniDSP due to my multi-amplified horn system that that I use the mini for both crossover and volume slope of the multiple amplified horns so that they stay matched at all volumes.