Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Its true that some tube devices have rep for running tubes harder than others and individual tube life varies so it will vary but still worth noting.

I’m on third set of tubes in ARC pre-amp that I’ve had for four or 5 years now. It has 3 tubes in main pre-amp section and 3 in phono. The tube in first slot in phono section is the one that matters for phono noise levels I have found and needs replacing most often. I elect to not leave the ARC on when not needed to preserve tube life in taht I do not find warmup to be a significant thing for me. You would think most tubes have a long life and would not be impacted by an extra hundred hours or so but I’m sure it varies.

Bel canto amps (Class D not tube) stay on most of teh time unless away for extended periods. Same with BC c5i Class D integrated I have. Bel Canto actually recommends this I believe.

The devil is always in the details and usually varies case by case.

The two Synergistic Research Black wall outlets are on the way from High-End Electronics as of 10:00 am today. I expect to receive them Tuesday. Alfred Kainz of High End Electronics said the breakin is similar to the Black fuse in terms of sonic changes and time to settle in.

I have spent a lot of time comparing wall outlets:
Synergistic Research Tesla SE
Oyaide R-1
Furutech GTX-R
PS Audio Premium (grey body)
Original standard home outlets

David Pritchard
My preamp leave the tubes lit in standby mode then all the way on when I flip the switch. The only way to turn it off totally is unplug it which I never do. It uses tubes up more quickly, I retube about every 12-18 months, but it sure does sound great. And things just keep getting better as the fuses break in and I guess my speaker cables need to re-break in a bit, so loving the system more than ever. Just wish I have more, or any time to listen this week work is killing me!
^^^^  Terrific, David. I was hoping you'd be the first to try 'em.  Please give an in depth report from the initial installation to the final break-in. I was just about to order the SR Red outlet .. but I'll wait for your analysis.  Let's hope its an extension of what the fuses and PC's are doing. 
Hi Jond,
Given the effects our sluggish economy is having on many people these days it's actually good that you're so busy with work. Glad the fuses  are a success in your system.
Charles,