What the Best Dac have you heard or owned. How could you tell it was that good.

I wondered what’s the best sounding dac you have heard or owned. What did it do that the others didn’t. 

calvinj

Rossini Player/clock sounds very good, particularly when used as a network player via Ethernet. Yes it's expensive but it can also make other expensive boxes redundant, thus offsetting the cost. (No longer need my Aurender N10, and Sonore UltraDigital, plus associated cables/cords/isolation, etc)

Holo May KTE was also excellent (via I2S / Sonore UltraDigital / Aurender N10) and I could've happily lived with it had I not been exposed to the dCS gear. That said, if I had to downsize back to the May KTE I think I'd adjust pretty quickly and be just as happy.

@carlsbad2 

Well, this thread went deep into the ditch.

Not accurate, this thread started 6 feet under and stayed there.  OPs original post asks for the best DAC anyone has heard.  In his next post he mentions it's the DAC he currently owns.  About 20 posts later he admits that he is a retailer for the DAC, and then only after someone else calls him out on it.

@calvinj I beg to differ. The DAC is not your source. It converts your digital source to an analog signal. It is in the chain with the source which is your streamer or music files but it doesn't create the music or the type of file that the source comes from. 

Kinda like a turntable isn't source, the vinyl is?

@jetter no one is calling me out on anything. If it’s the best I heard it’s the best I’ve heard. Regardless. Look I’m a hobbyist first. I enjoy this I like learning about audio. Whether it’s Infigo or not.  Look a lot of us are never going to see each other.  A lot of us will never hear each others systems or even hear the equipment that some others have. Look I actually loan cables and equipment out. People here will tell you that. I’ve loaned out stuff to folks here. I do it for the experience.  I’ve had folks give me long demos of cables and equipment. I want to know what others are using or hearing. But anyway to each his or her own.