Has anyone tried a linear power supply with a Weiss 204 or 205?

I recently purchased the 205 and am enjoying it.   Just curious if anyone has tried a linear power supply with it, and if so, what if any difference they heard...

Cheers

ddafoe

@surround4life Yes, usb into the Denafrips Iris. But coaxial into the Weiss 205, not toslink. One possible cause for my preference for the Weiss over the Qutest is its ability to output 7.5v vs. maximum of 3v from the Qutest. Into a Benchmark HPA4 via XLR (Qutest has only RCA out) and then to a Benchmark AHB2 set for lowest gain.

I just purchased a Keces P3 so I'll be able to try the 205 with an LPS soon enough.

Hopefully it gives the unit a little more bass/dynamics as that is one area where I think it could be a little better.   Its overall presentation (minus the dynamics) reminds me a lot of the Bricasti M3 I owned for a short while, lots of detail, but not analytical or overly forwarding/fatiguing.   

Map, yes the 204/205 prices jumped significantly over the summer.  In the $2K range I'm really happy with the 205.   I just sold a Meitner MA3 which has been my long term reference.   I don't think the 205 is better, but it is good enough that I think I can live with it for a while...   I'm feeding it with a Bricasti M5.  

@ddafoe 

Can you compare the Meitner MA 3 with the Bricasti 3 and Weiss.  I purchased the Meitner MA 3 after considering the Bricasti and Weiss.  I really like the Meitner because I listen to a lot of classical music and prefer a mid-Hall perspective.  I don't like bright sound and don't need details front and center - though I want them to be there.  My only criticism would be that the Meitner might not be as dynamic as some other setups I've heard.  Never heard the Bricasti or Weiss.  By reputation, I think they have a similar sonic signature.

Why did you switch?  And what do you think now?