NO!!! I don't need any help. There is no problem - I can stop buying gear anytime I want to. I just don't want to...yet.
18 responses Add your response
Well, as a fellow physician, I must agree to some of it .
Let me help with the 12 steps..
1) Admit you have a stereo
2) Admit you will never be happy until you own X
3) You will only be happy once you buy X for a little while
4) Buy X when you can, not when you want
5) Audio anonymous has no corporate affiliation, and promotes no audio gear
6) Members of AA must only use usernames, no passwords.
7) You always will want better, so buy it when you can (or when the wife lets you)
8) You always will have a friend with a better stereo dont sweat it
9) All stereos do play music, so learn to deal with what you have
10) All music lovers appreciate music over systems
11) Im running really light here, so I wont even try on this one
12) Never let your friends/acquaintances let you listen to their system when it is clearly superior to yours
OK, obviously this was done as a spoof. I hope none of my friends or anyone else in a 12 step program feels offended, as I really didnt try to do that.
Ken and Lola
Please be careful about spreading this spurious notion that audiophilia is an addiction, or worse yet a disease. I have managed to convince my wife that I suffer from a disability, and I am currently in the process of filing a claim for benefits under the Americans With Disabilities Act. My audio disability prevents me from securing meaningful employment (one can't work AND listen to your audio system 12-14 hours a day), so I believe I am entitled to federal assistance.
I admit I just had a shot of my Adrenaline Rush. No prescription required. If it is over the counter, is it still an addiction? I call it MEDICATION to be taken daily as needed! It is not an escape its an adventure. Some people take vacations, I trip the light (analog or digital) fantastic every chance I get! It's soooo cooool! I am not in denial, just enjoying the ride......
Heeeeeeeey everyone where can I get some...?pay good for it and cash too........come on don't be a jerk tell me where's your stash......told you I'll pay good for the S..t allright?
is yours made of that pure sonic stuff?once it enters your ears it's nirvana? I do not need a lot just a few good quality pure watts will fix me up..come on man.....